Saturday 19 September 2015

Bare Minerals for Eczema

I want this blog to be as honest and open as it can be and that's why I'm making this post. I know that Bare Minerals are a highly reputable company who do amazing products that are very gentle on the skin. However, recently I had a bad reaction to one of these products and I wanted to share it with you guys so that you are aware and can just be careful when purchasing them, especially if, like me, you suffer from eczema.

For my birthday my mum booked me in at Bare Minerals to have my make up done professionally. I had been wanting to try this company for a long time as I have quite bad eczema on my face and wanted some make up that could cover it without irritating it. Whilst there, the lady who was doing my make up asked if I would like to try some skin care and of course I said yes! The cream she used was called, 'Purely Nourishing Cream' and as soon as she placed it on my face I felt the heat leave my rash and the redness calmed down. It was such a lovely feeling and I was so excited to have finally found a product that worked! 

Sorry for the stock picture, I no longer have the cream so couldn't take my own. 


I purchased the cream and at £27 for a small tub it was not cheap however I felt that if it worked, it would be worth it. 

Unfortunately, after using the cream twice daily for about a day and a half, I started to get a severe reaction. My eyes swelled up, my lips cracked and my face looked as though it had been burnt. I stopped using the cream immediately however two weeks later my face still hasn't gone back to normal. 

I would definitely recommend that if you want to try this cream to ask for a sample tester first, particularly if you have very sensitive skin like me. This won't happen to everyone and I'm sure for many this moisutriser is a miracle worker, it's just a shame it didn't work for me. 

I did buy some of the Bare Minerals make up and that works wonders for covering up my face eczema and so I will do a blog post of that in the future because it really is wonderful. 

Thank you for reading and please just be careful when trying new products as they don't always work out!

Lottie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment