Tuesday 22 September 2015

Just Do It




Anxiety stops us from doing things, often things that we really want to do but feel we can't. Usually because we feel shy or out of our comfort zone and we feel like saying NO is the only option. But in reality, what would really happen if we just said yes a little more? Anxiety always makes us think of the worst case scenario but 99% of the time the things we worry about never happen.

Unfortunately for us, anxiety creeps up on you and before you know it it has taken control of your life and you've become accustomed to living how it wants you to live. Living like this will make you unhappy though and you won't live your life to the fullest. Remember, that you are more likely to remember the times you enjoyed in life over the times you spent being anxious, and that's what is important.

I am controlled by my anxiety more often than not. I have stopped seeing friends (and have lost many because of this), I don't leave the house unless I really need to, I've stopped eating out as often as I used to and I have become somewhat of a shut-in. I don't want to live my life like this however, and so I've decided it's time to make a change. Nobody should live like this, it's not only draining for me but also for those around me.

I want to start saying YES to things and not holding back, and I encourage you to do the same. The big thing with anxiety is being able to prove it wrong. By doing something that you may not feel entirely comfortable with and showing that you are able to do it, you give anxiety a kick in the teeth. "See I CAN do it! That showed you!"



It's so important to enjoy our lives and to get the most out of them and if we always say no that will never happen. So just try, this week, to say YES to maybe one thing that you wouldn't normally. Put yourself outside of your comfort zone and prove to yourself that you can do it!

Lottie x


No comments:

Post a Comment