Sunday 20 September 2015

Harsh Reality of Depression




So I said when I started this blog that I wanted it to be as open, honest and real as possible and I'm going to stick by that. However, that does mean that some of my posts won't be happy or particularly pleasant to read and for that reason I am warning you that the following post is not a happy one and feel free to skip it if it's not something you wish to read.

I live in a house with my boyfriend and two of our friends but I would much rather sit in my room on my own.
I am 22 years old however I may as well be an old lady because I pick sitting in and watching tv over going out any day of the week.
I can spend days in my pj's, watching youtube videos and barely eating.
I turn down exciting plans nearly every day and chose to stay in the house.
I rarely do my hair and make up, opting for comfy clothes and slippers over all the nice clothing that I own but never gets worn.


These, and many other things, make up my day-to-day existence. And I say existence because in order to have a life you need to live it and I definitely don't.

I write this post not to make anyone feel bad for me, or to be depressing. I write it because I think it is important for people to understand exactly what happens when someone is in a depression, It's important for us to break down the stigma that surrounds talking about and being open about these topics.

I don't really know what else to say other than this is me today.

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment